is a division of CoR Advisors®
that provides turnkey power generation and supply-side energy management solutions. We design customized energy solutions such as cogeneration, on-site power, renewable energy solutions, micro-grids, procurement, peak load management, and demand response. Our comprehensive approach leverages clean and renewable technologies to help owners achieve both their financial and sustainability goals.
combines technical and analytical capabilities with a practical understanding of facility operations to provide our clients with the information they need to make the right energy decisions for their properties. Self-generation and renewable energy solutions can supplement and/or replace the energy building owners purchase from conventional utilities. In addition, these solutions not only generate power at less cost per kilowatt hour, but also provide clean, renewable energy that reduces carbon emissions, improves quality and reliability of power, and contributes to a building’s overall sustainability strategy.
Cogeneration is the simultaneous production of two or more forms of useful energy from a single fuel source, providing clean, efficient, and reliable power on-site. The most common cogeneration systems in use today are combined heat and power (CHP) systems. CoR Power™ can assist with evaluating the business opportunities for CHP systems for your properties. CHP systems provide utility grade power that can be used to serve the needs of a single building, multi-building campus, or even separate properties in a micro-grid configuration.
The benefits of CHP systems include:
- Lower cost to produce energy
- Tax benefits through accelerated capital deprecation
- Attractive return on investment
- Improved power quality and reliability
- Reduced carbon emissions
- Supplements existing equipment (generators, boilers, chillers)
- LEED & ENERGY STAR accreditation
Renewable sources of energy are becoming increasingly common for both supplemental and primary energy, offering clean and sustainable means of providing power. CoR Power™ provides renewable energy alternatives that allow organizations to capitalize on the most current energy technologies available, including solar, wind, geothermal, biomass and waste-to-energy.
- A photovoltaic system (or PV system) is a system which uses one or more solar panels sunlight into electricity. It consists of multiple components, including the photovoltaic modules, mechanical and electrical connections, and mountings and means of regulating and/or modifying the electrical output. Advanced technologies, lower manufacturing costs, and government tax incentives have helped make solar energy a viable environmental and financial solution. CoR Power™ can help you evaluate whether solar is right for you through a detailed feasibility study, life-cycle cost analysis, and ROI models.
- In addition, solar thermal energy, which involves the heating of water through solar collectors, can be used to supplement a building’s existing HVAC system, or as part of a hybrid geothermal/solar system. When solar thermal is used to supplement geothermal systems, organizations can maximize their efficiency and replace a significant portion of their HVAC functions with clean, renewable energy.